Care and Counseling Ministries
We all have troubles in our lives and we generally would prefer to handle those troubles on our own. But God would prefer that we seek to engage with Him in all our troubles. In the midst of those troubles, God desires to comfort us, to lead and guide us, to help us both directly and, in many cases, through others in the body of Christ. As Christians, God has called us to carry the burdens of others and, thereby, to carry the gospel of Christ. Our Care & Counseling Ministry is one way Naperville Presbyterian Church has chosen to engage with God and to share the burdens and gifts that He has given us. For information regarding participating in or utilizing any of these ministries at Naperville Presbyterian Church, please contact Jack Kelly at the church office at 630-961-0579.
- Budget Coaching: receive helpful advise from Crown Ministry trained counselors
- Carpenter's Tools: receive home repair help-share your talents and toolbox
- Counseling: short term counseling and/or assessment and referral to appropriate resources for those in distress
- Deacons: counseling and/or financial help in times of distress
- Hospital Visitations: receive a visit and prayer--or offer your time
- Marriage: wedding info and premarital counseling for those wishing to marry. Classes, mentoring and/or counseling for those wishing to improve their marriage.
- Sonshine Team/Meals: receive a meal during difficult times--or prepare a meal
- New Baby: receive prayers and meals
- Pre/Post Abortion: confidential, personal one-on-one conversation or counseling
- Prayer: submit a prayer request, signup for the prayer chain, or join a prayer team
- Relationships, Connecting, Reconciliation: someone to help you with the healing and rebuilding of your relationships
- Stephen Ministry: someone to come alongside you as you deal with life’s emotional challenges
- Willing "Older" Women: someone to give physical help to younger moms