Introduction and Purpose
Deacons have handled many aspects of church life. In the early church, the elders called for "...men of good standing, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may appoint..." (Acts 6:2-4) to the task of caring for the physical needs of the congregation, while they devoted themselves to serving the Word and to prayer.
The Diaconate exists to serve Naperville Presbyterian Church and the surrounding community in such a way as to minister to the social, emotional, physical, financial, and spiritual needs of those in crisis through words and actions, in the power and love of the Kingdom of God.
If you are in need of assistance, please contact the church office at
(630) 961-0579 and they will put you in contact with a deacon who can
assist you. You may also *Email: Deacons
*Note: All Email addresses are @npchurch.org
The Deacons' Ministry includes opportunities for Naperville Presbyterian Church to assist people in the community in practical ways. We have on-going relationships with several area agencies that provide services to those in need. Some examples are:
- Naperville Cares -- provides resources to people within the Naperville community who need assistance to avoid homelessness and to attain self-sufficiency.
- Feed My Starving Children -- is committed to feeding God's starving children hungry in body and spirit. NPC partners with FMSC in Aurora to pack nutritious meals made up of rice, soy, vitamins and dehydrated vegetables, and FMSC partners with Christian relief organizations worldwide to distribute these meals to starving children. In 2009, FMSC packed over 70,000,000 meals for worldwide distribution. If you want to help us pack, click here to register.
- Northern Illinois Food Bank -- an area distribution Center providing goods to food pantries throughout the western suburbs. If you want to help us on a work Saturday at the food bank, click here to register.
- Loaves & Fishes -- a nonprofit emergency food pantry program which provides groceries to people in need.
- Wayside Cross Rescue Mission/Lifespring Ministries -- a Christ-centered shelter for men and women in Aurora.
- CareNet Pregnancy Information Center of Aurora or CareNet Services of DuPage -- a place for those experiencing a crisis pregnancy; there is no charge for assessment and referral.
- World Relief DuPage -- offers assistance to victims of poverty, disease, hunger, war, disasters and persecution while working in community with the local Church to serve the most vulnerable.
- Rebuiding Together - Aurora -- Once a year the Deacons support NPC's efforts to repair and improve houses of those in need in Aurora. Click here to register for the next rebuilding project.
Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you
will fulfill the law of Christ.
So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all,
and especially for those of the family of faith.